If you are about to spend your money on a guitar amplifier, you will want to get a reliable amplifier availed at a pocket-friendly price. However, we all know that a low-priced unit is not worth it if it can’t deliver a strong tonal performance. With that in mind, you will want to get a high-quality guitar amp, that is, an amplifier with guaranteed high-quality performance.
To help you locate the right combo to pair with your guitar, below are the ten best guitar amps under $500. You can rely on these units whether you are looking forward to studio recording, home practice, or live performance.
10 Best Guitar Amp Under 500 For 2019 Reviews:
1. ZT Amplifiers Lunchbox 200-watt Class A/B Guitar Amplifier with 6.5-inch Internal Speaker
Are you a musician who adores versatility and portability? Well, the ZT Amplifiers Lunchbox is meant for you. Versatile in design the lunchbox can be used in studio or on stage. Further, it includes a versatile tonal palette which enables it to be used with country, blues, rock, or jazz players.
ZT Amplifiers Lunchbox measures 7.5″ x 9.8″ x 5.5″ and weighs 9.5 lbs. It comes with a padded carry bag to enhance portability. The lunchbox packs 200watts of power enabling it to pump a ton of power via the 6.5″ internal speaker. When used on its own, it can overpower your drummer with much ease which makes it a perfect choice for a loud enough guitar amp.
- External speaker output lets you add an external cabinet or speaker.
- Ultra-low latency circuit enhances player responsiveness.
- Switchable voltage (115V/230) makes the Lunchbox suitable for use in different countries.
- Dynamic response and headroom makes it easy to handle effects
2. Fender Mustang GT 40 Bluetooth Enabled Solid-State Modeling Guitar Amplifier
Benefit from the most realistic listening experience with Fender Mustang GT Guitar Amplifier. The amplifier packs 21 classic amp voices allowing it to reproduce authentic tones after each record. Further, it features 45 different effects enabling it to recreate classic tones or recreate brand new tones at suitable volume levels.
The Mustang GT can connect to Bluetooth allowing you to stream and control music from a mobile phone. Also, it connects to Wi-Fi which means that you can download the latest apps or even connect directly with a community of other creative players.
- USB technology allows you to connect the amp directly to a computer.
- Mustang GT connects to an easy-to-use Fender Tone app in the phone to enhance convenient one-finger control.
- Crisp, full-color display screen guarantees ease of use.
3. Roland Micro Cube Battery Powered Guitar Amplifier
Next, we have an ultra-compact guitar amp from Ronald. The amp measures 12 x 9.1 x 12.5 inches and weighs 7.7 pounds. It features a custom-designed speaker and works best with Polaroid batteries.
The amplifier includes 8 COSM amp tones including the ultra-heavy Extreme Amp. Also, there are 8 DSP effects which include the dedicated Delay/Reverb with spring emulation ad the Heavy Octave.
- A memory feature allows you to save favorite effects and amp settings.
- i-Cube Link jack provides an easy audio interface with Apple’s iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
4. Yamaha THR5 Mini Acoustic Guitar Amplifier with Cubase AI Production Software
A new way of experiencing the abilities of your electric-acoustic guitar lies on incorporating the Yamaha THR5. The amp is optimized for use with silent and electric-acoustic guitars.
It uses advanced modeling technologies enabling it to provide dynamic mics combined with studio-grade effects so that you can create studio-like tones from the guitar wherever you are.
- Steinberg’s free Cubase AI music production software.
- Handle enhances portability.
- Yamaha’s acclaimed Virtual Circuitry Technology enables the amplifier to deliver authentic tube amp sound.
5. Marshall Amps Guitar Combo Amplifier M-DSL1CR-U
On the fifth position, we have the M-DSL1CR-U from Marshall. The amplifier includes 8″ Celestion Eight 15 speaker designed to delivers a wide range of tones. Its power is adjustable so that you can adopt the high or low power modes to help you get the appropriate volume in different settings.
The amp includes 2 x ECC83 preamp tubes and 1 x ECC82 power tubes. It measures 16.7 x 17.5 x 13.4 inches while it has a 22.7pounds weight.
- Line output with Softube’s emulated output.
- Studio-grade digital reverb.
- Silent recording mode.
6. Roland Micro Cube GX 3W 1×5 Battery Powered Guitar Combo Amp Red
Another guitar amp by Roland is the Micro Cube GX 3W. This is a battery operated amplifier which makes it is one of the best guitar amps under $500 when you are looking for a portable amplifier. The amplifier features a stereo Auxillary input for MP3 or CD players and recording or headphones output.
Also, it includes an i-CUBE Link Jack designed to provide simple audio interfacing with Apple’s iPhones, iPads, and iPod touch. The amplifier offers 8 DSP effects comprising the Flanger, chorus, tremolo, Phaser, and the separate Delay/Reverb. Also, it provides for 8 COSM guitar amp models including a special mic preamp model and JC-120.
- 5″ speaker.
- Carry strap enhances portability.
- Built-in chromatic tuner.
- Memory function to save favorite settings
7. Fender Acoustasonic 15 Acoustic Guitar Amplifier
This is a 15-watts, 120volts solid-state combo that features a 6″ Fender special-design speaker that offers an enhanced high-frequency response. The speaker offers two channels, the instrument and microphone channel with individual volume controls.
While in the instrument channel, it delivers a chorus, volume, bass, treble, and middle control effects. On the other hand, the amplifier offers bass, treble, volume, and middle control effects while on the microphone channel.
The Fender Acoustasonic 15 includes two inputs, one 1/4″ and one XLR. Further, it features a headphone output designed to let you connect your headphones.
- 6″full-range speaker features a special Whizzer cone to enhance the HF response.
- Dual front-panel inputs include an XLR input for a microphone and a standard 1/4″ jack for instruments.
- A chorus effect and two channels enhance flexibility.
8. Mugig Guitar Amplifier – Rechargeable Speaker Works with Guitar (Acoustic and Electric), Voice, Karaoke (25W)
Whether you are looking for the best guitar amp under $500 for band performance, street performance, karaoke with friends, listening to music, outdoor playing, or acoustic guitar practice, you can be sure that the Mugig Guitar Amplifier will make a great option.
This is a 25W guitar amplifier that features a recording function to let you record your performances. The amplifier offers eight sound options to enhance effective sound reproduction in each performance. Further, it delivers a 10-meters long-range distance transmission making it suitable for stage use.
- Wireless Bluetooth connectivity enhances ease of operation.
- USB/MP3 input interface allows you to play music from your devices.
- Headphone output interface for connecting headphones.
- Rechargeable lithium battery works for 10 hours after a full charge.
9. Marshall Code100C 100-watt 2×12″ Digital Combo Amp
For instant inspiration at home or on the road, get the Marshall Code100C. This digital combo amplifier combines a range of features from 14 preamps to four power amps and eight-speaker cab emulations so that you can get a perfect tone for different tunes.
Adding to that, it offers 24 digital effects including the chorus, Phaser, studio-quality reverb, Flanger, and classic overdrive pedal to inspire new amp tones. The amplifier delivers 100watts of power using 2 x 12″ speakers which makes it suitable for large performances.
- Bluetooth Connectivity allows you to make adjustments using a handy mobile app.
- Auxiliary input lets you plug in a phone or MP3 player.
- 2-channel Footswitch to move smoothly between different channels.
10. Fender Acoustic 100 Guitar Amplifier
Concluding this review is the Fender Acoustic 100 guitar amplifier. The amp delivers 100watts of power making it suitable for acoustic guitar and vocal performances. It features a USB jack which makes it possible to stream or record audio to a computer.
The amp features an 8″ full-range speaker with a Whizzer cone to enhance sound clarity. It can connect to Bluetooth which means that you can use it to stream audio from a mobile phone.
- Integrated handle enhances portability.
- Universal voltage for universal use.
- Two channels make it suitable for microphone or instrument use.
- Wood shell design complements the acoustic guitar’s form.
Choosing the best guitar amp under $500 is as important as picking the right guitar. A guitar amp can make you yearn for more and practice harder or quit on guitar practicing.
To avoid the latter, you will want to get the right amplifier so that you can sound good as this makes you feel excited to play the guitar every day.