In an age dominated by online video streaming platforms like Netflix or Amazon, it may come as a surprise to know that Blu-ray players are still holding fort, but not if you know why. The best Blu-ray players offer you a complete cinematic experience with content available in high definition to ultra – high definition with the added convenience of physically storing your media.
A top end Blu-ray player will provide you a best in the world picture quality which is second to none. There are however, older models as well which are still relevant and which promise to deliver value for money. So, to be fair, we have included them as well, in our review of the ten best Blu-ray players 2018 that adorn the shelves in the marketplace.
Some are light weight while others are relatively heavier. The designs also vary from modern sleek to a more classical look. We are sure you will agree that there’s something for everyone in here. So, let’s jump in.
Our top 10 Blu Ray Player List
Table of Contents
- Our top 10 Blu Ray Player List
- Brief Buying Guide li.active>a,#tab_container_13631 .wpsm_nav-tabs>li.active>a:hover,#tab_container_13631 .wpsm_nav-tabs>li.active>a:focuscolor:#000000!important;cursor:default;background-color:#ffffff!important;border:1px solid #e6e6e6!important#tab_container_13631 .wpsm_nav-tabs>li>amargin-right:0px!important;line-height:1.42857143!important;border:1px solid #777777!important;border-radius:0 0 0 0!important;background-color:#8a8a8a!important;color:#ffffff!important;padding:15px 18px 15px 18px!important;text-decoration:none!important;font-size:14px!important;text-align:center!important;font-family:Open Sans!important#tab_container_13631 .wpsm_nav-tabs>li>a:focusoutline:0px!important#tab_container_13631 .wpsm_nav-tabs>li>a:beforedisplay:none!important#tab_container_13631 .wpsm_nav-tabs>li>a:afterdisplay:none!important#tab_container_13631 .wpsm_nav-tabs>lipadding:0px!important;margin:0#tab_container_13631 .wpsm_nav-tabs>li>a:hover,#tab_container_13631 .wpsm_nav-tabs>li>a:focuscolor:#ffffff!important;background-color:#8a8a8a!important;border:1px solid #777777!important#tab_container_13631 .wpsm_nav-tabs>li>a .famargin-right:5px!important;margin-left:5px!important#tab_container_13631 .wpsm_nav-tabs abackground-image:url('');background-position:0 0;background-repeat:repeat-x#tab_container_13631 .wpsm_nav-tabs>lifloat:left;margin-bottom:-1px!important;margin-right:0px!important#tab_container_13631 .tab-contentoverflow:hidden!important@media (min-width:769px)#tab_container_13631 .wpsm_nav-tabs>lifloat:left!important;margin-right:-1px!important#tab_container_13631 .wpsm_nav-tabsfloat:none!important;margin:0px!important@media (max-width:768px)#tab_container_13631 .wpsm_nav-tabs>li.wpsm_nav-tabs li:beforedisplay:none!important@media (max-width:768px)#tab_container_13631 .wpsm_nav-tabs li a idisplay:none!important.wpsm_nav-tabsmargin-left:0px!important;margin-right:0px!important#tab_container_13631 .wpsm_nav-tabs>lifloat:none!important]]> A typical blu ray player can cost anywhere from 300$ upto 1500$ and even more. But depending on our budget we can get models with decent functions below the 300$ price range. However for premium hardware and next level visual experience , going for the high end models is preferable. However you can find some players at the lower price point to hold great features like that of the high end ones. DVDs are some of the most preferred video formats ever and still are a direct competitor to that of Blu-rays. They both work by insertion of discs. However blu-ray stores well over 20GB data whereas DVDs always stick to 4.7 GB disk space. What it means is – blu-ray can smoothly deliver enhanced visual experience from 3D , HDR to many other functions smoothly. And more and more features are being added. Only downside (not to many) is the price point. It’s slightly higher than that of DVD players. Our suggestion ? We suggest going for Blu-ray as they are more advanced in functions and can deliver visual experience which is many times better than that of DVDs. Blu-rays are becoming the benchmarks these days.So why don’t you get one and enjoy the stunning visuals. 4k disc ( nowadays movies launched are coming with 4k version)4k TV (monitor that supports the Quad HD resolution)4k Player ( Ultra HD – blu ray player)There is a concept called upscaling which is converting a content that’s not 4k and adjusting to be played at 4k resolution. But you need to be aware that though upscaling is a better option , it can’t be compared to the original 4k content which is purposely produced in 4k format. Well it’s not the best option to use 4k players for gaming purposes. For gaming needs , we suggest going for gaming consoles separately. Make it clear and Simple – UHD stands for Ultra High Definition and HDR stands for High Dynamic range.These are 2 entirely different concepts. Let’s see what these are actually.UHD (Ultra High Definition) or 4K is simply about the resolution 3840×2160 pixels and nothing else. UHD or 4K means the same. Different manufactures project this term in different ways. But get cleat that – 4k and UHD are just the same.Well HDR – means high dynamic range is a concept of taking each pixels on screen and increase its brightness.So in simple terms HDR is a wonderful technology that increases pixel brightness without producing white light instead making the image appearing more vivid and sharp and bright. We do have HDR mode in our smartphones remember ? It’s the same thing..Now 4k players may or may not come with HDR modes. It depends on individual models. Be aware that HDR is a really advanced technology so if you are seeing a blu ray player with HDR function cost is going to go up but off course visual experience is enhanced several times. Hope the concept of HDR and UHD is clear now. Setting up a blu ray player The Right Way to Set Up Your New Blu-ray Player. After having quite recently gotten your new Blu-ray DVD Player, you will clearly be amped up for testing it out. Presumably, you will be anxious to see the magnificent 1080p picture and High Definition sound quality. So the inquiry is this: how to set up your new Blu-ray player to get the most noteworthy conceivable performance from it? Will it be as basic as interfacing your DVD player? Will it be a breeze? Not exactly! When setting up your new Blu-ray player you have to remember, this is a rather new innovation, consequently finished the past couple of years TVs and AV recipients have been adapting to fit in with this new format. Unfortunately, you may find not all of them can support each new feature of your Blu-ray player. This may make the procedure somewhat more troublesome than setting up your standard DVD player. So I have sketched out a couple of methodology and conceivable challenges you may go over so you can all the more easily incorporate your new Blu-ray player into your home entertainment framework, ideally without too much frustration. Basically to get the best performance out of your Blu-ray player you have to understand three features: Picture, Sound, and Internet Connectivity. You will find all three can be easily finished with some basic cable associations; no tweaking necessary, simply some straightforward modifications to the set-up menus maybe all that is required. Ideally, this advice will remove any perplexity and the entire procedure will go easily for you. Picture 1080p High Definition picture quality – this is the reason the vast majority purchase their first Blu-ray Player and it is the best feature of any Blu-ray player. Blu-ray motion pictures are stored on a plate in 1080p at 24 frames-per-second so you regularly observe this alluded to as 1080/24p. The director taped the motion picture at this rate, so Blu-ray circles allow you to see the film as it was originally meant to be seen. Blu-ray players allow you to watch these HD motion pictures by interfacing it’s HDMI yield to the duplicate contribution on your TV, so an HDMI cable should be purchased in the event that one is excluded with the Blu-ray player. Much of the time an HDMI isn’t given. HDMI cables can run anywhere from $20 to $150. (Some argue there is no distinction in HDMI cables, regardless of what the cost.) Not all Blu-ray players are capable of this 1080/24p yield rate. These players will be more established, and instead of the 1080/24p yield rate, they change over the signal to 1080/60p utilizing a strategy called “3:2 pulldown’ system. What this just means is one frame is played three times and the following frame is played twice and so forward. This outcome in a single frame being shown on the TV screen somewhat longer than the other. This produces judder into the photo, a slight moving or shaking of the photo. To avoid this issue, a straightforward arrangement is purchased a more current model Blu-ray player. The majority of the latest models can yield 1080p pictures at 24 frames-per-second via HDMI. Also, your TV set must have the capacity to support it. In the event that it doesn’t, at that point in the event that you sustain a signal of 1080/24p into a TV which cannot support it, the TV will change over the signal to 50 or even 60HZ. This will also place judder into the photo. What this all comes down to will be to get the best, purest and most veritable High Definition picture conceivable, you require a Blu-ray Player capable of a 1080/24p yield signal (this is easily chosen on the set-up menu) and a TV capable of supporting this signal. The greater part of the fresher LCD and Plasma TVs will give you the correct support you require. LCD sets usually have a 120Hz mode, where each of the 24 frames is repeated five times and shown on the screen for the same amount of time, creating no juddering. Plasma usually has 72Hz 3:3 pulldown mode and they can utilize this because they don’t have as much slowdown as the LCD. Sound The second feature a great many people purchase the Blu-ray for is the ideal sound quality. Blu-ray has the superior ‘lossless’ Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio. What you get with these audio formats is 100 percent identical to the original studio master track. This is a clear advantage over DVDs which utilize Dolby Digital and DTS, however again as with the photo signal, not all AV beneficiaries are capable of deciphering the fresher High Definition formats. Set up is fairly easy if your beneficiary can translate the formats because both HD formats can be utilized via the Blu-ray player’s HDMI yield port and the HDMI input port on the collector. This allows a bitstream (meaning raw digital data) to be transferred to your AV beneficiary where it is decoded into multichannel sound. All you have to do is set your Blu-ray player’s HDMI yield to bitstream or primary. The HDMI ports on these gadgets must be determined as adaptation 1.3/1.3a/1.3b. These are the main forms that allow for the transmitting of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Audio. You will also require a Second HDMI Cable to interface the AV recipient’s HDMI yield to your TV’s HDMI input. The AV recipient will decipher the audio and transmit the 1080/24p video signal. Things can get somewhat trickier if your AV collector does not unravel the HD audio formats. However, it doesn’t mean you can not at present appreciate the great astounding sound. One alternative available to you is to set up your Blu-ray player to internally disentangle the audio and change over it to LPCM (an uncompressed type of audio). This choice is located in the set-up menu and found on almost every Blu-ray player. LCPM can be transferred over any variant of HDMI and it protects the high multichannel sound quality of both Dolby True HD and DTS HD. Thusly your collector does not have to do any deciphering. (Take note of that some lesser Blu-ray players will just change over 5.1 Dolby Digital or DTS into LPCM.) This LCPM choice assumes your AV beneficiary has HDMI inputs. In the event that it doesn’t have these HDMI inputs, at that point your best choice is to search for Blu-ray Players that can interpret the HD sound formats into brilliant analog and yield them from multichannel yields. Utilizing optical or coaxial yields which are usually found on most players cannot be utilized because they don’t have the adequate bandwidth capabilities to transmit Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Audio. Web Connectivity Most more current Blu-ray players have a feature called BD Live which allows you to download content from the web, play games on the web and participate in web chats. To utilize this feature you require a Blu-ray player with a Profile 2.0 since these Blu-ray players have an Ethernet port you can use to interface with a web switch or PC. (Profile 1.1 may have an Ethernet port, however, WILL NOT SUPPORT BD-LIVE.) Also, you may require a USB flash memory drive or SD card to connect to your Blu-ray player. This gives digital storage to updates and extra data. It’s prescribed that the drive or card be at least 1 GB. Other than the PlayStation 3, no other Blu-ray players on the market have internal memory worked in, yet some more current Blu-ray players are now revealing Wi-Fi, eliminating the requirement for external storage. Ideally, by checking all three factors examined above – Picture, Sound, and Internet Connectivity – will make setting up your new Blu-ray player a considerable measure easier. Simply follow all the means and you will get the best picture and sound quality that exclusive a Blu-ray framework can convey. Look for these 3 things in a Blu-Ray Player
Since its release in 2015, Sony BDPS3500 has remained one of the most sought-after Blu-Ray players because of its quality. Even though DVD players are cheaper, its feature-rich design improves how people entertain in many ways. The versatile inputs and outputs that it has, for instance, are invaluable. You can connect it to your television via HDMI or USB. The Ethernet port and coaxial port that it has work well.
Gone are the days when people had to clutter their homes with DVD players to entertain. If you have wireless internet at home, this Wi-Fi enables Blu-Ray player will improve how you entertain. The high quality adapter that it has creates fast and secure connections. You also have access to over 300 media streaming applications, which include Hulu Plus, YouTube, and Netflix. Finally, using its Miracast Technology, you can display the screen of your Android device on your TV when playing games or watching movies.
DVD players have kept people entertained for many years now. To upgrade the quality of the images and sound that you get, however, buy a Blu-Ray player. Sony BDPS3500, for instance, is a reputable brand that displays full HD images (1080p). The DVD upscaling technology that it has boosts clarity, while its powerful Dolby Surround system is one of a kind.
To stay entertained at home, do not clutter your living room with one of the bulky DVD players people used in the past. Sony BDPS3500, albeit expensive, has a low-profile design that works well in tight spaces. It is also easy to set up and has a solid design that will serve you well for long.
If you are upgrading your entertainment system, buying a quality Blu-Ray player such as Sony BDPS3500 is a good idea. Perfect for day-to-day use, this is a durable product. DVD upscaling (to 1080p) is efficient, while its powerful sound system is invaluable whilst watching movies or listening to music.
- Wi-Fi enabled system
- Many connectivity ports
- Dolby TrueHD audio
- Many easy-to-access apps
- Energy Star 3.0 compliant
- Ethernet and coaxial ports
To stay entertained at home, people spend a lot of money on some of the best floor standing speakers available on the Web. The demand for the best 4K television sets is also high worldwide, especially among movie and football lovers. In addition to the foregoing, you need one of the best Blu-Ray players as well. Panasonic DMP-BDT270, for instance, is an advanced smart network version that converts 2D images to 3D. It also supports 4K upscaling and has a built-in Wi-Fi adapter that you can use to stream media from the Internet.
Do you have a powerful Android phone that you use to play games? Do you watch sports and or movies in it whenever you are relaxing at home? With Panasonic DMP-BDT270, you can engage in such activities from your television. The Advanced Miracast technology that it has supports most televisions and phones. Unlike some brands, it also reproduces the display of phones accurately and with minimal distortion.
In the past, people who used DVDs for entertainment had to back up their song and videos in Compact Disks (CDs) and Digital Video Disks (DVDs). Even though effective, they clutter personal space. Moreover, you need a CD or DVD burner to backup data to such accessories. Panasonic DMP-BDT270 is different. Each original one that you buy has an onboard external disk drive for backing up data. Its drives store data safely for as long as you want. You can also access your files on demand without issues.
The benefits of owning a Blu-Ray player are diverse. With a quality brand such as Panasonic DMP-BDT270, for instance, you get a top-grade media accessory that upscale DVD images to HD quality (4K). It also supports media streaming and has a Miracast technology for relaying the display of phones on the screens of televisions. Its quality is notable.
- Impressive media upscaling
- Powerful Miracast technology
- HD-quality display and sound
- Converts 2D images to 3D
- Easy to set up and operate
- Occasional streaming issues
This 2014 version of the acclaimed Samsung BD-H5100 line of Blu-Ray players is one of the best in 2018. If you are tired of the pixilated images that your player displays or the low-quality sound it has, buy this product. It will improve how you entertain at home in numerous ways. First, expect an improvement in picture quality whenever you are entertaining at home. The HD upconversion technology that it has improves the quality of the images of standard DVDs whilst entertaining.
The growth of the streaming industry has seen an increase in the demand for quality streaming devices. Even though computers are perfect for accessing YouTube and other streaming sites, they have small and non-immersive screens. For the best experience, buy a quality Blu-Ray player such as Samsung BD-H5100. This is a reputable brand. The fact that you are getting a Wi-Fi enabled device is also notable. Via its built-in apps, you can access movies, sports, and music on demand.
In many modern towns and cities, living rooms are small and cluttered. Installing one of the bulky media systems available online is, thus, often a chore. Look for this Samsung BD-H5100 Blu-Ray player instead. Its low-profile design (10.6×7.6×1.5 inches) is clutter-free. It is also light (15.98 ounces) and designs to work in tight spaces without issues. Using a single HDMI connection, for instance, you can relay both pictures and sound to your television. Its wireless system also eliminates the need for Ethernet cables.
Considering the quality of the product that you get, Samsung BD-H5100 is an affordable Blu-Ray player. It also has a durable design with high-quality components that do not let people down over time. Buy yours.
Samsung BD-H5100 supports HD upscaling. If you have many old DVDs that you watch occasionally, this is one of the best Blu-Ray players to use. It also has a clutter-free design with an Internet-enabled system for multimedia streaming.
- Light and compact design
- Heavy-duty components
- Supports wireless streaming
- HD upconversion technology
- Easy to set up and use
For many years, Samsung products have kept people entertained in homes and offices. The radios and speakers it has produced for years are among the best. If you are looking for a Blu-Ray player, models such as Samsung BD-J5100 also stand out in numerous ways. Its curved design, for instance, has a sleek outlook. If you have a contemporary-themed living room that you are updating, it will fit right in. The versatile inputs that it has are also invaluable. Whether your TV has an HDMI or a USB connection, this Blu-Ray player will serve you well.
This product’s smart functionality has made it one of the most sought-after brands in 2018. If you have wired internet (Ethernet) at home, for instance, you do not need a computer to stream media. Buy this Blu-Ray player instead. It supports the renowned Opera TV Apps. It also supports YouTube, Pandora, Netflix, Yupp TV, and Amazon to name a few. Forget about the DVDs that you use to entertain. This is a better option.
Do you have a Blu-Ray player that displays quality pictures but have deplorable sound? Replacing it with a well-engineered brand such as Samsung BD-J5100 is one of the best decisions that you can make. Its curved design is eye-catching. Picture quality (HD) is admirable. Finally, because it has both DTS surround and Dolby Tru HD sound, entertaining with this Blu-Ray player is a blast. It rarely disappoints.
Do not waste money on one of the poorly designed Blu-Ray players that fade or break down over time. Samsung BD-J5100 is a well-engineered model that offers value for money. It is durable. Its set up is a breeze.
If you are looking for an eye-catching Blu-Ray player that works like a charm, Samsung BD-J5100 is one of the best. Its curved design stands out. Picture and sound quality are impressive. Finally, with an original, you get a well-design plug and use player that lasts for long.
- Plug and use design
- DTS surround sound
- Dolby Tru HD sound
- HD media upscaling
- Many multimedia apps
- High-speed wired connections
- Eye-catching curved design
If you are looking for a network disk Blu-Ray player, this 2010 model of LG BD570 is one of the best. Featuring a powerful design with 1B memory, it plays most types of DVDs efficiently. The 802.11N adapter (wireless) that it has is also one of a kind. If you enjoy streaming videos from sites such as YouTube, Netflix, and CinemaNow, you will enjoy having this product at home. It connects fast. It also streams seamlessly and in HD.
In their bid to save money, many people buy low-grade Blu-Ray players that deliver poor results. With LG BD570, however, you will have the time of a lifetime at home. Designed to connect via HDMI, the full HD (1080p) output that it has is admirable. Pictures are clear. The USB media host technology that it has also works seamlessly at 24 and 60 frames per second. LG BD570 will make your date nights and weekends special.
Whilst entertaining, nothing is as frustrating as using a Blu-Ray player with low quality sound. They are irritant. They also fail to deliver the preferred results of people while watching movies or listening to music. If you own one that disappoints you on a day-to-day basis, replace it with LG BD570. Its 7.1 channel system has DTS HD, TrueHD, and Dolby Digital Plus technologies. These improve its sound quality significantly.
LG BD570 is a quick booting Blu-Ray player. Whenever you are planning to watch a movie, you do not have to wait for long for it to boot. The instant opening tray that it has is also invaluable. It boosts its performance further.
LG BD570 is an all-in-one Blu-Ray player with a quality HD output and premium sound. If you are looking for machine that boosts fast and has a responsive wireless adapter, it is also one of the best in 2018.
- Superior audio performance (7.1 channel)
- Full HD (1080p) output
- USB media host technology
- Powerful 802.11N adapter (wireless)
- Responsive quick boot technology
- Fussy YouTube display
- Does not download apps
Even though you must buy internet connectivity to stream media from this Blu-Ray plays, its quality is admirable. In terms of design, for instance, it outmatches many brands in many ways. Its eye-catching black themed, for instance, blends well in homes. It also has a clutter-free design with a solid case that withstands day-to-day abuse well.
Whether you enjoy watching DVDs or streaming media from applications such as Netflix, this is a good product to use. Many people find its plug and use design convenient. You will never struggle to install it at home. The DVD scale up technology that it has, on the other hand, boosts picture quality significantly. Whenever you are playing your collection of old DVDs, expect up to 1080p full HD videos, which is admirable. Finally, this product’s DLNA certified system supports all DLNA compatible devices.
Does your DVD’s low quality sound system frustrate you whenever you are entertaining? Have you upgraded your television’s sound system with a quality sound bar with no change? Buy this Blu-Ray player. In addition to high quality pictures (HD), people enjoy high definition sound (HD) sound whilst entertaining. Its sound is crisp, clear, and surprisingly loud.
Apart from the small hiccups people with low-bandwidth connections have whilst streaming, this product delivers good results. It is a long-lasting Blu-Ray player. Sound and video outputs are of HD quality, while its eye-catching plug and use design is easy to set up and use.
- High Definition sound (HD)
- DLNA certified Blu-Ray player
- Full HD video output (1080p)
- Stylish plug-and-use design
- Freezes occasionally while streaming
Do not let the old movie player in your position to compromise your experience whilst entertaining. Many high-quality Blu-Ray players are readily available in stores such as Amazon. Sony BDPS6200, for instance, you get a 3D-ready Blu-ray Player that will keep you entertained indoors. Its sleek angled top design is eye-catching. It will improve the outlook of your living area whilst in use. It also has a durable design with a fast-loading DVD tray (dual-core processor) that people like.
In homes, many people no longer play movies or music from DVD players. Online sites such as YouTube are a primary source of entertainment for such people. Others pay for Netflix and other streaming services to satisfy their demand for movies. If you are one of them, this Blu-Ray player will never let you down. Its Wi-Fi enabled design supports multi-media steaming from anywhere and at any time. It also grants people access to over 300 media streaming sites, which is admirable. These include Pandora, YouTube, and Amazon Instant Video to name a few.
The versatile connectivity options that this Blu-Ray player has made it a sought-after product worldwide. Apart from establishing high-speed wireless connections, for instance, this DLNA-certified item has a USB input that works well. It is compatible with most computers. Its high-speed interface, on the other hands, comes in handy when watching videos and or listening to music. Finally, using its Miracast technology, you can display your phone’s screen on your television easily.
The performance of this Blu-Ray player is on another level. Its ability to convert 2D pictures to 3D ones, for instance, is invaluable. Whilst in use, it delivers 1080p full HD videos that people like. It also has a Triluminos Display technology that improves color and shading, and a 7.1 channel audio system. Pre-installed with both Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD codecs, it generates loud and clear sound with immersive bass.
The picture quality, sound quality, and designs of this Blu-Ray player are interesting. Buy one for your home. It will improve how you entertain.
- Extra fast l video playback
- Fast internet access (wireless)
- Powerful dual cores processor
- Converts pictures from 2D to 3D
- Eye-catching and durable design
- Internet connection issues
Blu-Ray players are versatile entertainment systems that appeal to people of all cadres. OPPO BDP-93, for instance, is an affordable universal model with a wealth of interesting features. Its ability to read most types of DVDs and play most video formats, for instance, is invaluable. Set up well, you will be able to play old and new DVDs without performance issues. You can also mount and read data from eSATA and USB drives with good results.
Because of its speed, reliability, and power efficient, many people prefer connecting multi-media devices using HDMI. Because HDMI cables have video and audio channels on a single cable, they are also clutter free, unlike other types. If you are one of them, this is one of the best Blu-Ray players to buy. The dual HDMI outputs that it has (1.4) have high-speed interfaces that rarely disappoints. This Blu-Ray player also has dedicated video and audio connections that you can use instead of HDMI.
Do you enjoy streaming content from online sites such as Netflix? If you are tired of using the small computer that you have at home, buy this Blu-Ray player. Its operating voltage (100V – 240V) is ideal for most homes. It also supports both wired and wireless internet connections. Once connected to your television and an active network, you can upgrade its firmware and or stream multi-media on demand.
Like most products that we have reviewed, the sound quality of OPPO BDP-93 is impressive. It does not crackle as some low-grade brands often do. It also has a loud 7.1 channel output that supports DTS-HD Master and Dolby TrueHD audio. Whilst entertaining, expect the time of your life.
Perfect for entertaining, OPPO BDP-93 generates high-quality pictures and sound via HDMI connections. It supports most televisions. It also supports both wired and wireless connection for streaming data. You might hate its buggy firmware, though. It freezes occasionally while streaming media.
- Immersive audio output (7.1 channel)
- Reads most types of DVDs/audio files
- Supports wired/wireless connections
- High-speed HDMI outputs (two)
If you have used some of the PlayStations that Sone has made over the years, you must have liked their quality. The Blu-Ray players it has manufactured deliver similar results. Using HDMI, USB, or coaxial connections, you can set it with your television or computer effortlessly. Ports are plug and use. They also have high-speed interfaces that improve data transmission and therefore the quality of the results people get.
With Sony BDPS1500, streaming video from online applications such as Netflix or Facebook is no longer a chore. If you have wired internet connection at home, you will never regret buying one. Its Ethernet system is easy to set up. You also have access to over 300 streaming applications that you can download and use. These include popular ones such as Hulu Plus, Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon Instant Video.
Buying a Blu-Ray player that will satisfy your entertainment needs is a poor decision. Brands with poor sound and picture quality, for instance, often disappoint people while entertaining. Sony BDPS1500 is not one of them. Because of its DVD upscaling technology, people get clear 1080p pictures from disks. Its sound, on the other hand, is of HD quality because of the DTS-Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD technologies it has.
Once you have updated this Blu-Ray player’s firmware, it will keep you entertained for long. Both picture and sound quality, for instance, are immersive. Its Ethernet port is fast and reliable, while the high-speed connectivity ports it has (HDMI and USB) boost its performance.
- Immersive HD-quality sound
- Displays 1080p HD pictures
- Fast and quiet disk playback
- 300 streaming applications
- High-speed Ethernet port
- Dated firmware (need updates)
Panasonic ranks among the best manufacturers of high-quality Blu-Ray players for personal or commercial use. This DMP-BDT500P version, for instance, has attracted a lot of praise on Amazon because of its structure and performance. This is a good-looking product. Its slim and compact design does not clutter personal space. Its durability is admirable, while the twin HDMI ports outputs that it has are plug and use.
Are you looking for a 3D capable Blu-Ray player? If you are tired of the boring 2D pictures your dated DVD displays, replace with this one. The 2D to 3D conversion technology that it has works seamlessly. The quality of the audio and the video that it delivers are professional grade.
Even though minor scratches are avoidable, serious mechanical damage to this Blu-Ray player is not common. Its sleek metal case withstands abuse well. Its DVD player and circuit board are durable, while its power-efficient design is perfect for entertaining on a day-to-day basis.
Panasonic DMP-BDT500P is a power-efficient Blu-Ray player with a sleek black-themed design. Because of its separate audio and video channels (HDMI), it generates quality pictures and sound. Its DVD player is fast yet quiet, while the premium metal used to make it lasts for long.
- Converts 2D to 3D
- Quiet DVD player
- Sleek and durable design
- Twin HDMI output ports
- Clutter-free (slim/compact)
- Impressing loading time
Performance: The speed and general performance of a blue-ray player are vital. If you are looking for a new one for day-to-day use, keep these in mind. The brand you choose should load and read most types of disks fast. It should also have a quiet and low powered design that can stream multi-media efficiently as well.
3D Experience: Most Blu-ray players have 3D enabled systems. In fact, some even have inbuilt converters that upscale 2D images into immersive 3D ones. For the best experience at home, look for a product with this feature. Sound and pictures should also be of HD quality.
Media Compatibility: Blu-ray players support a range of media. Apart from Blu-Ray disks, for instance, most models read DVDs and CDs well. Others support media formats such as MP3, JPEG, DivX, WMA, AVI, and SACD audio among others. To have the time of your life at home, look for a product that meets this threshold. Research online.
Conclusion: Millions of people enjoy watching movies and listening to music during their free time. To upgrade the underperforming DVD player that you have at home, buy one of our recommended Blu-Ray players. They support high-speed media streaming. Their pictures and sound are HD. Finally, their ease of setup and longevity make them ideal day-to-day multi-media accessories.
Simeon LA Froid
Simeon is a passionate entrepreneur who holds a Bachelor’s of Technology Degree in Food Engineering and pursued entrepreneurship after completion of his Degree. His most favourite project is BestViva – an online review site that gives authentic unbiased product reviews. Through his expertise and stuffs he has learned through the years , he aims to providing highly engaging and trustworthy product reviews to his audience.