Technology advancement is one of the best things that happened to human beings. This is because due to the advancement in technology, people have been able to come up with inventions that have made many aspects of man’s life easier and less time-consuming. For instance, the electric log splitter is an invention that has made easier for people to split logs of wood, even the extremely large ones in a very short time period and with minimal effort. Here is a review of the top 10 best electric log splitters in 2019.
10. Dirty Hand Tools 100481
Table of Contents
According to the reviews, this is a pretty simple tool to handle and use. The log splitter can comfortably handle a wide range of wood that ranges from soft to medium. However, the tool would experience difficulties with the general hardwood logs like those from locust and walnut trees. Ensure that you carefully handle it with both hands for maximum support to avoid accidents. Special features of the tool include;
- A log cradle to keep the logs in line all the way.
- It has a 20 second down and back cycle that ensures faster spitting without the need to take breaks.
9. Goplus 6T
Even though it cannot be classified among the best in terms of efficiency, it is definitely among the best in saving. It is generally budget friendly and therefore most suitable for people that are not interested in speed as much as saving. It is also suitable for people that do not have a lot of workload of logs to split. Special features include;
- It is waterproof making it suitable for use in all weather conditions.
- Its major disadvantage is that it is most suitable for logs that are 15 inches and below.
8. PowerHouse XM-380
The small appearance of this tool may fool many people into thinking that its performance is limited. This could not be further from the truth, because this log splitter has a driving force of 14,000 pounds. With this driving force, it can comfortably split logs of up to 20 inches at a speed of 100 logs per hour on average. The special feature of the splitter is that it can be able to easily split knotted logs. The disadvantages of the splitter include;
- It is challenging to roll on a terrain that is uneven.
- The wedge is a little small and it could be made better for better performance.
7. Southland Outdoor SELS60
Even though the splitter has the name outdoor, it is still very safe and effective when used indoors. The best feature about it is that it has an 18 second cycle time that is not the best but quite good. With this speed, it is able to complete work in a very short time period. It is also easy to adjust the stroke when you are spitting short stock to save time. Other features that make it among the best include;
- It is padded on the handles for ease of handling and comfort.
- Automatic retraction of the wedge.
- Vertical storage for maximum utilization of space.
6. YardMax YSO552
This is the best option for people that are looking for a log splitter that is compact, easy to carry and store and light to carry. Due to these factors, the tool cannot be effective when splitting hardwood or extremely large logs. However, with the load it is able to split carefully, it gets the job done with minimum effort and in a very short period of time. Special features include;
- It has a stroke limiter that is built-in.
- It comes with an elevating stand for ease of use.
- The metal parts of the tool are excellently constructed.
5. Pow’ R’ Kraft 65556
This log splitter is designed with a motor with a capacity of 15,000 watts that is generally very good value. With this motor, it is easy for you to use the splitter for several years before you need to replace it. It comes in a color yellow that is easy to spot when stored to avoid accidents. Special features include the following;
- The body of the splitter is made of steel all through and this ensures maximum durability.
- It is suitable for comfortably splitting logs of up to 20 inches.
4. Boss Industrial EC5T20
This splitter is preferred by many people because it is relatively compact. It can be comfortably fitted in the truck of many brands and types of cars and it is also relatively light, with a weight of 100 pounds. It has a 1.8 horsepower motor that makes it suitable for a wide range of wood species. Special features include;
- It comes when it is almost fully assembled.
- It is easy and safe to operate with one hand.
3. Swisher LS22E
This may be too efficient for household use, but when you are looking for a tool to easily split through dense and knotty wood species, then this is the best choice. It has a cycle time of 13 seconds which is quite fast and 22 tons of force to make work easier and faster. Special features include;
- The wedge is made of steel and it is very hardy.
- It has a hydraulic tank that is quite large for convenience.
2. Wen 56207
It is the best value for money given its capability of 6.5 tons. It comes with a stand and its motor runs on ordinary electricity used in the home and it also comes with a long cradle, whose purpose is to guide the wood to enhance splitting evenly. Additional features include;
- The height is comfortable and it can be easily adjusted to suit the user’s needs.
- It can be used both outdoors and indoors.
1. Boss IndustrialES7T20
This is the best log splitter and it can, therefore, be used to split all types of wood with ease. The motor is also designed to be suitable and efficient in all weather conditions thus enabling you to use the tool in any environment. Additional features include;
- It is safe and comfortable to use it one-handed.
- It does not produce any harmful emissions to the environment.
- It is easy to assemble, set up and start using.
Electric log splitters are able to accomplish a lot of work in a short period than any hammer ever could. Depending on the log splitter you choose, you can get about 8 tons of crushing power or more. The price of the machine will also vary depending on the model you choose. To help you select the best model for your use, above are the top 10 best electric log splitters in 2019 reviews.