Heating of water for use has evolved over the years. It is not until 1981 that we had the first tankless water heaters. This is courtesy of Noritz, a company founded in 1951 and a leader in the water heating industry. Tankless water heaters are high-quality and energy efficient machines that every home would love to have. They are available for as outdoor and indoor heaters.
Purchasing a tankless water heater for your home comes with numerous benefits. To begin with, the heaters will qualify you to tax incentives from both the federal and local governments. You are also assured of an eco-friendly machine that cuts your monthly electricity bill by up to 40%. These water heaters are also durable. They last up to twice as long as the traditional water heaters in the market.
Many products are available in the market that can be purchased as tankless water heaters. However, to make the best purchase, you need to consider their effectiveness. For instance, some heaters are known for being the best in energy conservation. If energy efficiency is your major concern, you may go for “EcoTough” water heaters.
The other thing you need to clarify before making a purchase is whether the heater can be used both indoors and outdoors.
Is the heater pocket-friendly? For low budget buyers, the cost of the heater is also a major concern.
How the heater works: Some heaters are designed to be used in warm areas.
The above attributes will help you to make a better decision while buying a tankless water heater. Here are reviews of some of the top rated tankless water heaters:
10. Noritz –EZTR40-LP-Tankless Water Heater
Table of Contents
- 10. Noritz –EZTR40-LP-Tankless Water Heater
- 9. Noritz NR501-OD-LP Water heater
- 8. Noritz NR83-DV-LP Indoor Vent
- 7. Noritz NR501-OD-NG 5.0 GPM Water Heater
- 6. Noritz NR981-SV–NG 9.8 GPM Heater
- 5. Noritz NRC661-DV-LP Tankless water heater
- 4. Noritz EZTR40-NG Indoor Water Heater
- 3. Noritz NRC661-DV-NG Water Heater
- 2. Noritz NRC98-DV-NG 9.8GPM Water Heater
- 1. Noritz NR981-DVC-NG Water heater
This product is suitable for middle sized families that require easy placement of the heaters. It is a first of its class product that allows one to exchange the 30/40 gallon tank type to tankless water heating technology. The product has an isolation valve kit that allows descaling of the product in specific situations. It permits water flow of up to 6.6 gallons per minute.
- Has isolation kit for energy efficiency
- Comes as a complete kit with enhancing features
- Designed to convert gallon type tanks into tankless technology
9. Noritz NR501-OD-LP Water heater
This is an outdoor tankless water heater that weighs around 33 pounds. It is medium-sized, measuring 10.7 x17.6 x 26.6 inches. This product has a water flow rate of 5 gallons per minute and is therefore highly efficient in hot water provision. The water heater utilizes liquid propane gas in heating the water.
- Highly efficient-turning out 5 gallons of water per minute
- Low nox design
- Best for outdoor use
- Uninterrupted water flow
8. Noritz NR83-DV-LP Indoor Vent
This is a reliable heater for use by small families. It has an 8.3 GPM efficiency and provides good services while multi-tasking. The machine is not tied to outdoors use. One just requires a properly ventilated house and can use it in the house. It is quite small as compared to other types in the market. Other than its 2-pipe vent, it also utilizes polypropylene and CPVC.
- Maximum flow rate of 8.3 GPM
- Energy efficient
- Propelled by propane that is 30 points more effective than normal petrol
- Long coverage of up to 12 years
- Temperature controlled
- Smaller power as compared to most standard ones
7. Noritz NR501-OD-NG 5.0 GPM Water Heater
This is a reasonably priced heater that gives families the best options for water heating. It is affordable to low-income homeowners and tenants. This product uses natural gas and gives good results. Noritz NR 501 heater is appropriate for small homes and apartments but can only be installed outdoors.
- Appropriate for outdoor use
- Low nox outlook
- Allows up to 5 gallons per minute
- Can only be used outdoors
- Not appropriate for large families
6. Noritz NR981-SV–NG 9.8 GPM Heater
This heater uses natural gas but appropriate for methane and propane gas. Uses the venting system and turns out 9.8 GPM energy output. It measures 17 by 13 by 29 inches and weighs 54 pounds. It can be used both indoors and outdoors and has the advantage of producing environment-friendly fumes. A class 3 venting system works best with this product.
- Low nox design
- Has class three venting that ensures no fumes are produced
- Used both indoors and outdoors
- High water flow rate
- Efficient energy production
- Winter affects the water flow
5. Noritz NRC661-DV-LP Tankless water heater
This Noritz water heater product weighs 38 pounds. It is average in size, with product dimensions of 6.7 x 13.8 x 23.6 inches. The NRC661-DV-LP water heater product uses indoor direct condensing which makes it popular among many homeowners. The product turns out 6.6 gallons of water per minute, proving to be highly efficient. The NRC661-DV-LP utilizes natural gas or propane further making it more appropriate for use in homes.
- Built in design that allows temperatures to rise to 140F
- Efficient for use with natural gas
- Turns out 6.6 gallons per minute hence highly efficient
- Low nox design
- Can be vented to release the fumes produced while heating the water
- Only used indoors
- Produces fumes that are not environment-friendly
4. Noritz EZTR40-NG Indoor Water Heater
This is a first of its kind Noritz product in the market. It uses natural gas to give high-efficiency output regarding hot water production. The product is available in the market as a complete kit and can be set up on gas lines of little size. It is helpful in converting your 30-40 water tank into tankless type. The product dimensions of EZTR40 are 18.3 x27.2x 9.4 inches. It weighs 86 pounds and has a flow rate of 6.6 gallons per minute.
- Long lasting warranty-up to 12 years for the heat exchanger
- Uses condensing technology hence highly effective
- Comes with an isolation valve kit
- Can use existing venting as a channel for propylene vent pipes
- May release gases to the environment due to the open vent
3. Noritz NRC661-DV-NG Water Heater
The Noritz NRC661-DV-NG is a good product for smaller homes. It can be set up anywhere around the compound and has 38 lbs. The product measures 6.7 x 13.8 x 23.6 inches.
- Can be vented with 40 PVC pipes
- Used anywhere in the compound
- Has a low nox design
- Comparatively low flow rate of 6.5 gallons per minute
2. Noritz NRC98-DV-NG 9.8GPM Water Heater
This is one of the best tankless water heaters in the market. It has the best water flow rate in the Noritz series and a distinct condensing system. The product uses natural gas with a live flare. It is also compact and lightweight, weighing 65 pounds. The product measures 9.4 x 18.3 x24.4 inches.
- Highly durable
- Best performance and efficiency
- Can be used both outdoors and indoors
- Emits fumes since it uses a live flare
1. Noritz NR981-DVC-NG Water heater
This is a hybrid Noritz water heater manufactured in the United States. It weighs 58 pounds and measures 17 x 14.5 x29.5 inches. The Noritz NR981-DVC-NG is used indoors only. It is highly efficient, producing up to 9.8 gallons per minute of hot water. This model uses natural gas to heat water.
- Highly efficient-producing 9.8 gallons of water per minute
- Has a low nox design
- Uses concentric pipe that ensure high quality air combustion
- Stylish design
- Appropriate for indoor use only
Noritz tankless water heaters give you the variety of performance you need. From their affordability to their flexibility of use, these water heaters will meet all the water heating needs of your home. However, you need to make a close examination of the products to find the most appropriate tankless water heater for your home.