Are you looking to take up golfing in the New Year? Do you already have experience with the game, and are simply searching for new gear? Look no further than this article, which will give you 15 of the best golf club sets that you can buy!
What to Look For:
Table of Contents
- 15. Precise GTR Men’s Complete Golf Set
- 14. Tour Edge Golf – Bazooka Black Complete Set
- 13. Adams 12 Piece Complete Golf Set
- 12. Tall Men’s Complete Golf Set
- 11. Tommy Armour Men’s AXIAL 16-Piece Complete Golf Set
- 10. The Judge Men’s Complete Golf Set
- 9. Men’s Right Handed Taylor Made Complete Golf Set
- 8. Callaway Strata Tour Complete Set
- 7. Cobra Men’s Fly-Z X: Regular Flex Complete Set
- 6. Winfield VERTEX Men’s Golf Package Set
- 5. Pinemeadow Golf PGX Set
- 4. Callaway Men’s Strata Plus Complete Golf Club Set
- 3. Wilson Men’s 2015 Ultra Complete Golf Set (Standard)
- 2. Pinemeadow PRE Men’s 16-Piece Complete Golf Set
- 1. Callaway Golf Strata 12-Piece Men’s Golf Set
When choosing a golf club set, you’ll want to consider the following things: your height, your current playing skill, your strengths and your weaknesses when playing golf, and the design of the club set. Here’s the choices:
15. Precise GTR Men’s Complete Golf Set
This golf set is for tall men that are at least 6’1 in height. The set includes Titanium Driver (460cc to be exact), Fairway Wood, 5-PW Irons, Hybrid, Putter, Stand Bag, and 3 H/C’s. The dual strap allows the bag to be carried like a backpack as well!
- A positive aspect about this set is that it’s perfect for golfers at any level.
- The bag design leaves plenty of room for storage as well, and the clubs are also sturdy.
- A common note with professional golfers seem to be that the clubs are not as stylish as other sets, but beginners are fine with the way they look.
14. Tour Edge Golf – Bazooka Black Complete Set
This set is praised for being good for beginners who are slowly becoming better at the game and are looking for an upgrade to the next level. It comes with a Titanium driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, 4 hybrid, 5 hybrid, 6-9 irons, PW, SW, Putter, and a bag.
- The lightweight driver is very powerful off the tee, and will also allow the user to have faster-swinging speeds.
- The design of the driver reduces drag and improves airflow in order to create this extremely fast swing speed.
- It’s argued that it’s one of the best fairway woods on the market.
- The main con for this set is that the bag tends to be a bit on the cheap side.
13. Adams 12 Piece Complete Golf Set
This set includes a driver, 3&5 fairway woods, 4H-5H, 6H-7H irons, 8-SW irons, putter, and cart bag. There are head covers for the driver, 3&5 fairway woods, 4H-5H, and putter. There are colors for both men and women as well.
- These clubs are great for adding distance to your swings, and the Hybrid Irons are easy to handle and swing. The Adams Golf Set is a great set to own if getting better with your irons is a goal you seek to achieve.
- This set can be incredibly pricey depending on if you want the regular, senior, or stiff package.
12. Tall Men’s Complete Golf Set
A golf set that is specifically made for men between the heights of 6’0 to 6’6” tall, all the clubs provided (460cc driver, fairway wood, and hybrid all Graphite Regular) are one inch longer than standard men’s length.
- This set comes with an automatic stand and a dual strap golf bag that is very high quality. It also comes with a premium quality set of matching head covers. It’s the ideal set for someone who is very tall.
- The only real con for this set can be the price, but if you’re lucky you can buy them on sale.
11. Tommy Armour Men’s AXIAL 16-Piece Complete Golf Set
With a regular shaft flex and graphite and steel shaft material, this golf set comes with 11 clubs: a driver, 3 wood, 3 hybrid, 4 hybrid, 5-9 iron, a pitching wedge, and a mallet style putter.
- Not only is this a high-quality set of clubs, but they are relatively inexpensive as well!
- They make a great set for a beginner or casual golfer.
- This is another set that also comes packed with equipment you can use to keep your equipment covered when you play a round of golf in the rain.
- The durability of this product tends to vary from time to time, so that’s one thing to keep in mind before purchasing this set.
10. The Judge Men’s Complete Golf Set
A left-handed, regular flex graphite/steel complete golf set (14 pieces) that comes with 10 technology-packed clubs, a deluxe stand bag that comes with seven pockets and a six-way divider as well.
- This is yet another beginner or casual friendly set to buy.
- This one also includes a 12-month warranty against manufacturing defects and workmanship from the date of purchase as well.
- It also comes with head covers to protect the Driver, fairway wood, and hybrid.
- Due to its popularity, the set tends to sell quickly and can be tougher to find. It’s also slightly heavier than other golf club sets.
9. Men’s Right Handed Taylor Made Complete Golf Set
Premium quality golf set with graphite shafts in driver, wood, and hybrid for added distance. Comes with AeroBurner irons 4-9 all with Taylor Made regular steel shafts. Other clubs include the R15 Ti Driver, AeroBurner 3 wood, and AeroBurner #3 hybrid (all Taylor Made the company proudly states).
- Aside from its high quality, this set is good for someone who wants to have a tighter grip on the accuracy and control of their swings.
- The dual shoulder straps allow you to carry your bag like a backpack.
- There seems to be some debate going on as to whether or not this set is tall enough for those who are 6’3 and taller, so research carefully to make sure this is the set for you.
8. Callaway Strata Tour Complete Set
Comes with a lightweight forged driver with a titanium head that’s designed for distance, while the fairway woods have great aerodynamics. The stainless steel irons offer a great amount of control for the golfer as well. The set also comes with a mallet putter with a visual aid to help improve your accuracy.
- A high-quality set that’s at a pretty solid price, this is something good for more experienced golfers to buy.
- This set is a little heavier than others on this list, so that’s something to keep in mind if you don’t like carrying heavy sets.
7. Cobra Men’s Fly-Z X: Regular Flex Complete Set
This is a 12-piece set with a regular flex option and an oversized driver. The fairways are 3 and 5 wood and the hybrids are the 4-6. Also includes the 7 PW and SW, along with a putter and bag.
- Having the option to get a regular flex for players that are looking to go beyond the beginner level adds a nice touch to this set. Either way, it’s a good set to use when you’re looking to maximize distance and forgiveness.
- The bag is one of the lesser-liked ones on this list, and whether the bag actually works as an actual “stand bag” apparently varies depending on who you are asking.
6. Winfield VERTEX Men’s Golf Package Set
A 12-piece package that comes with an oversized matrix driver with a graphite shaft and a complimentary head cover to boot. There are also oversized iron 5-9 with tour steel shafts and a popular blade style putter with a steel putter shaft. Finally, it has a lightweight stand bag with dual straps that makes it easy to carry around.
- This golf set’s driver packs a rather explosive punch in terms of power. The hybrid iron #4 is a club that people say is easier to hit with (as opposed to the tradition long iron).
- It’s another set that’s also good for those who are left-handed.
- The set is good for beginners, but the durability is far from the best on this list. It’s a set that you will definitely have to upgrade from at some point or another.
5. Pinemeadow Golf PGX Set
The contents of this set include a 460cc driver, 3 wood, and hybrid. There are 5 PW irons as well. There is a graphite shaft on the driver and 3 wood and this set also provides head covers for them all.
- The size of the wide iron clubs is designed for you to have the best launch you can have.
- Each of the clubs has a white finish for easy visibility during the address position, and the driver was built for accuracy and distance.
- They are great for beginners.
- It’s argued on how great the quality of this set is in terms of how well you play the game. Some argue that beginners and pros will love this set, while others say that it’s a set that you will outgrow once you begin to play. So, you may want to think carefully if you’ve been playing golf for a while before buying this set.
4. Callaway Men’s Strata Plus Complete Golf Club Set
A 16-piece set that has a driver, 3 woods that are good for distance, hybrids that are designed for versatility, and irons that strengthen your control. It has a mallet putter for accuracy and a lightweight stand bag with plenty of pockets.
- This is a very stylish set that also provides a great combination of distance and forgiveness too.
- Can be very pricey, and there have been concerns about the durability of the clubs.
3. Wilson Men’s 2015 Ultra Complete Golf Set (Standard)
Comes with a driver, 3 fairway wood, 4 hybrid, Irons 5 PW, and putter. The grip is standard and the shaft is irons steel. It’s a good set for beginners and is particularly for those who are 6’2 and shorter.
- While it’s stated that it’s a good set specifically for beginners, there are players of the moderate level that also state that this set has done them a lot of good while playing golf.
- They are also available for purchase at an affordable price.
- On the flip side of being inexpensive, the quality is viewed to be reflective of the price. There are some debates about the durability of the driver and other clubs.
2. Pinemeadow PRE Men’s 16-Piece Complete Golf Set
Like the title states, this is a 16-piece set with clubs and a stand bag. The clubs include a titanium-enhanced 10.5-degree driver, 15-degree fairway 3 wood with graphite shaft along with a 21-degree hybrid too. There are stainless steel 4—9 and pitching wedge irons with a pre mallet putter. Finally, it comes with a dual strap carrying bag.
- Excellent golf set when it comes to launch and control with very comfortable grips.
- These are sold at a solid price and are good for beginners.
- Some people mention that they buy different clubs (specifically different hybrid clubs), but are content with everything else.
1. Callaway Golf Strata 12-Piece Men’s Golf Set
This is a 12-piece set that has a driver, a 3 wood, a 5 hybrid, 5 irons (6 PW), a mallet putter that helps with accuracy, a lightweight stand bag, and two head covers.
- It has a beautiful design and is one of the better golf sets for beginners. It’s also suitable for tall people in the 6-foot range.
- The only real con to this golf set is that it can be kind of pricey.
This list was compiled to help those who are just beginning, and for those who are looking to upgrade their equipment as well. Hopefully, it has started to get your mind thinking about what you want your first or next golf set is. Good luck with making a choice on what could be the beginning of a very fun hobby, or even a professional and luxurious career! Have a happy time golfing, reader!