Top 10 Best Cowboy Boots for Men In 2021 Reviews
Best Cowboy Boots for Men strike a unique balance between functional clothing, pop culture, and folk art. Despite the fact that they’ve remained popular over many decades, numerous men go through life without ever wearing cowboy boots. You don’t have to be a cowboy or even take up dancing to appreciate fabulous cowboy boots. Learning the ins and outs of Western cowboy boots will give you the confidence to invest in your first pair.
We’re here to help you find the best cowboy boots for you. There’s a huge rift in the market for cowboy boots. The low end prices are filled with low quality synthetic boots that promise to be so much more.
Cowboy boots seem to be having a moment right now and whether you are on-board or not, there is no getting away from the comfort you get from a quality pair.
Top 10 Most Comfortable Men’s Cowboy Boots in 2021:
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Most Comfortable Men’s Cowboy Boots in 2021:
- 1. Ariat Rambler Western Cowboy Boots For Men
- 2. Old West Boots Men’s Tbm 3010 Cowboy Work Boots
- 3. ARIAT Men’s Workhog H2o Work Boot
- 4. Wolverine Rancher Square Toe Steel Toe Work Boot
- 5. Dan Post Men’s Milwaukee 13 inch R Toe Western Boot
- 6. Texas Legacy – Men’s Leather Cowboy Boots Rodeo Work Saddle Style
- 7. Justin Original Work Boots Men’s Stampede Boot
- 8. ARIAT Men’s Sport Patriot Western Boot
- 9. ROPER Men’s Basic Square Toe
- 10. Ariat Work Men’s Groundbreaker Work Boot
- Finding The Best Cowboy Boots
1. Ariat Rambler Western Cowboy Boots For Men
Our first pick for the best men’s cowboy boots is the Ariat Men’s Rambler which will throw you back to dusty old towns in need of some order, but also feel great and look just as good, too.
The sole is secure and stable, while the distressed leather shows you’ve been around the Wild West a few times. Inside, it’s comfortable and eliminates fatigue by improving posture, just don’t drop anything on your toe as there’s no steel toe to protect you. Be sure to also check out our selection of the best cowboy boots for women that all the ladies in your life will love.
These stylish men’s cowboy boots are made from 100% leather and come in several colors including tobacco brown leather, and antiqued grey. The footbed features moisture-wicking that keeps them comfortable and gel-cushioned footbed ensures that the boot takes the impact from every step, making them suitable for longer wear.
You’ll find them surprisingly lightweight despite their durable materials and feature a dutraread outsole that makes them resistant to the elements and dirt. They are stain repellant which makes them easier to clean than most. Made with the world’s equestrians at heart, these are high-performing cowboy boots that help to promote better posture with a reasonable heel of 1.62 inches and aren’t made from any animal skin.
The design of the added composite shank for stability is very intelligent. It is a rectangular piece of composite material that splits in two at the end. This forked design helps the shank to provide wider underfoot support. The shank is very effective to fight fatigue even on long working days.
My favorite part about the Rambler is that it doesn’t try to be flashy. Asides from a subtle design at the top of the shoe, there is no floral and fire pattern that you usually see on cowboy boots.
If you like the idea of cowboy boots for their heel and their leather, but don’t like the unnecessary flashiness of some of the boots, then this is the perfect pair of boots for you. I honestly feel like this is the best cowboy boot on the market right now, and the public strongly agrees.
- Performance-oriented boots
- Comfortable right out of the box
- Scuffs look good on them
- Extremely durable
- Duratread sole
- Advanced stability
- Distressed leather
- Moisture wicking
2. Old West Boots Men’s Tbm 3010 Cowboy Work Boots
Old west boots Tbm 3010 is a great pair of cowboy work boots. It is safe to say that the refined look of the boots make them a gentleman’s choice. The polished leather, sober design, and pointed toe make them look more refined and less rugged.
The leather upper is well polished and made resistant to water. The boots will easily withstand mud and puddles but can’t withstand submerging them into water. To get even better protection, you can apply a coat of some waterproofing compound as well.
The height of the shaft is a little over 12”. Thus, it reaches up to your calf and hold on to it firmly, providing you a great fit. This fit is enhanced by a narrow 14.25” around boot opening.
The embroidery on the shaft and vamp look very attractive. A triple stitching is used to do the embroidery that makes it look very prominent. This is a hand finished embroidery that gives the cowboy boots a classic look.
The inner lining of the boots is man made and very soft. You will experience a great instep experience and comfort all day long. This comfort is enhanced by the cushioned footbeds and a thick bouncy sole.
The rubber outsole will give you all the stability and traction you need on any type of surfaces. This stability and traction is enhanced by using a reinforced shank in the sole. This will directly improve your performance at work.
In short, Old West Boots cowboy boots are for you if you want to exude a gentleman appearance while working. This doesn’t mean the boots are delicate in any way. You can use these boots for any medium duty jobs and they will serve you very well.
- Fantastic craftsmanship
- A day or two is enough to break in
- Surprising quality at an affordable price
- Inner lining is a bit lacking
- Need to buy half a size larger than your normal boots
3. ARIAT Men’s Workhog H2o Work Boot
Ariat is a relative newcomer in the cowboy boot market, but they have really impressed with unique designs and superb craftsmanship.
The Workhog H20 is made of exceptional high-quality waterproof leather that provides protection and withstands harsh environments. The H20’s are comfortable, durable, and safe.
I wear Workhog H20 boots more than any other footwear I own. Their shock-absorbent midsole provides the support I need when working long hours, and they have a durable rubber sole that grips most surfaces.
Notice, I mentioned most surfaces, because while wearing these boots in Breckinridge Colorado, I slipped on ice and landed on my backside. These pull-on boots have a wide enough opening to allow your feet to slide in easily.
I’ve found Ariats to run a little smaller than standard shoe sizes. For example, I typically wear a ten but wear size 11 Ariats. My current pair of Ariats are over a year old and show little sign of wear.
Ariat Workhog’s come with their U-Turn system to ease pulling on boots. The U-Turn system is a flexible panel at the back of the shaft, it’s especially beneficial for people with wide feet or high arches.
Overall these are excellent boots that you can wear when working around the barn or on the job. The only complaint I have about the H20’s is they are not functional riding boots. The sole is so broad that it is difficult to get your foot in and out of the stirrups. I prefer riding boots with leather soles.
Sometimes, I’m too lazy to walk to the house and change out of my Ariat Work Hogs before mounting a horse, and every single time I regret it. The boots always hang up in the stirrups when dismounting.
Over 500 customers have reviewed the Ariat Work Hog H20’s and have given them a 4.5 out of 5-star ratings. I’m a firm believer in the old saying, “you can never have too much information.”
Here is the link to Amazon’s customer review page so you can read for yourself what other customers have to say about these boots:
4. Wolverine Rancher Square Toe Steel Toe Work Boot
Of all the boots on this list, this is my favorite. The Wolverine Rancher provides every feature the working man looks for in a pair of western-style work boots. First, Wolverine is an established brand with a reputation for building quality products that are right there with Ariats and Justin boots.
They’ve made high-quality footwear for more than a century, and stand behind their products. All their boots are manufactured exceptionally well from top-notch material and with superior craftsmanship.
Aesthetically these boots look great. I really like the square toe and 100 percent leather. And the overall style of the boot is simple but pleasing. They are very comfortable boots, yet they provide the protection you need.
Wolverine Ranchers come with steel toes, and provides excellent traction, thanks to the rugged slip-resistant sole that’ll keep you upright even in the slickest conditions. The shaft is only 11.5 inches tall, which allows you to move freely while working.
Why Wolverine Rancher Square Toe Steel Toe Boots are Bargain for under $100?
- A traditional brand I’m familiar with
- 100 percent leather that should last (if you maintain it properly)
- Comfortable enough to wear all-day
- The shaft opening is wide, so you can get your foot in and out with ease. (Important feature for me)
- Anti-slip soles are critical when working around oils and other slick materials.
- Steel toe
These boots are high-performance work boots with all the features you would expect in more expensive work boots.
5. Dan Post Men’s Milwaukee 13 inch R Toe Western Boot
These cowboy boots have a very traditional design, but they also have patterns engraved onto the sides of them and the front of the shoe. This really adds a lot of extra details to make them more unique and not like any regular cowboy boots. They are made from genuine leather that has been specially made to last you and is very durable.
Supportive for all-day wear on the range, the Dan Post Men’s Milwaukee are a great pair of boots at an (almost) premium price for the serious cowboys among you. The stitching is reminiscent of classic boots and adds flair, while the shaft eases pressure on your legs and heels throughout the day. The insole is cushioned, and regardless of how hard you work and how much you sweat, the pull tabs make them easy to take off at the end of a long, arduous day. Our guide to the best wading boots features more amazing footwear like this.
We liked this product because the pull tabs on the side of the boots are an extremely useful feature and it helps a lot when you’re putting the boot on.
The boots also have pull tabs on either side of the boot, which is very helpful when you want to put them on. The inside of the cowboy boot has a cushioned comfort technology that is also flexible.
- Traditional design
- Patterned exterior
- Cushioned comfort technology
- Easy on and off
- No break-in period
6. Texas Legacy – Men’s Leather Cowboy Boots Rodeo Work Saddle Style
The cowboy boots feature a square toe that gives it a unique look. This is available in different colors and is made of 100% genuine leather. Moreover, you can easily select from different sizes and get the right fit. In this, you will find leather vamps along with linings and shaft. Furthermore, this is in a classic stitch design that lets you have ultimate comfort with its cushioned sole system.
It is very lightweight, and you will find the solid brass nails that make it very durable. The cowboy boot is in a classic design and comes with leather heels along with full leather Linings. Additionally, this can be a perfect gift for anyone as it delivers outstanding performance.
- Square toe design for a classic look.
- Full leather linings for better comfort.
- Cushion sole system and leather vamps.
- It is a completely new product.
7. Justin Original Work Boots Men’s Stampede Boot
The work boot is meant for heavy duty work. They almost always come with a rubber sole built for traction, and the toe is always rounded to ensure more mobility.
Justin is the only brand to make it on both the men’s and women’s list, so it speaks to the quality of their products. There are 3 color options which are all different scales of brown: rugged tan, tan tail, and rugged tan cowhide. They all more or less look the same, though the tan does show some differentiation.
They are made of leather, except for the sole, and come with an 11 inch shaft. The heel is small and only about 1 and a ¼ inches long. It features a square toe which is a little different than usual, but it is large enough to provide the same function as a rounded toe. The sole is very thick and strong. You could wear these if you were on the cleaning staff of a chemical factory.
If you are looking for a tough pair of boots to do some serious work in but wouldn’t mind a little western twang, then these are the best cowboy boots for you. These boots run a little bit large, so buy them a half a size small and then break them in with thick socks. There are some problems with the boot strap coming off, so check to see if they are properly fastened before you commit to them.
Why you’ll love these men’s cowboy boots:
- Rubber sole is comfortable and resistant to wear
- Orthotic insole makes these one of the most comfortable cowboy boots to wear all day long
- Square Toe
8. ARIAT Men’s Sport Patriot Western Boot
The combination of looks and performance makes it an ideal product for anyone. The cowboy boot has an attractive look and allows you to select from many different prints. It is also available in many different sizes so that you can have a comfortable experience. Moreover, this is made of 100% leather and features a rubber sole for better traction. In this, you will find an overlay detailing of the American Flag and has a shaft of 11 inches from the arch.
Furthermore, you will also find Duratred outsole and is in a camouflaged design. It is extremely durable and can be your ideal partner when you are outdoors. Additionally, this will let you have complete freedom and has low maintenance.
- Camouflaged design and low maintenance.
- Duratred outsole for superior performance.
- Leather material and comfortable feel.
- There is no negative point.
9. ROPER Men’s Basic Square Toe
The Roper Men’s Basic Square Toe Western Boot is the only synthetic pair on this list. It will cost you anywhere in between 60 to a hundred dollars. I included a synthetic product, because they do a decent job on a difficult task.
These boots are roper style, so the heel is less angled. It comes with an 11 inch shaft and a 1.5 inch heel. The sole is very flexible and you could arguably run in these. There are four different color and style option.
The first is the brown faux leather western stitch. They use faux imitation ostrich leather. Ostrich leather is one of the more exotic leathers out there. It’s easy to spot fake fake ostrich leather usually as they have a signature bumpy pattern. If the bumps don’t look smooth or natural, they’re probably fake.
The brown western stitch actually does an excellent job of imitating the leather. In fact, unless you work with leather or heavily research it, you probably won’t be able to tell it apart from the real thing. The top of the boot is white with a black stitching design, the faux ostrich is dark brown, and the sole is a light brown.
The next version is the black western stitch. I don’t recommend this one as the faux ostrich leather is not as good as the brown. For some reason the bumps just look more artificial on the black pair. The black pair comes with a dark tan top, and looks good otherwise, but the ostrich just isn’t good enough.
The third and fourth version do not use ostrich leather. One is the brown and the other is the tan. The tan is much better and looks like cleaner faux leather. The brown has a rather puffy top part, and this puffiness is one of the biggest indicators of fake leather. So if these are the boots you go with, choose either the brown western stitch or the tan version.
10. Ariat Work Men’s Groundbreaker Work Boot
The cowboy boot is made of full-grain leather and includes a suede upper for outstanding performance. This is an imported product and includes a rubber sole for better traction. Furthermore, the boot comes with safety soft toe and has a heel of 1 inch. Moreover, you can and have a comfortable feel and get a snug fit by choosing from the right size.
It has low maintenance and delivers ultimate comfort. The durable construction after cowboy boot will let you use it for a long time, and it has a lightweight shank that offers better support. Additionally, it has maximum wear resistance and features a four-layer footbed for improved cushioning.
- Thick cushioning for better comfort.
- High wear resistance and low maintenance.
- Smooth traction with rubber sole.
- Some complaints about the comfort factor.
Finding The Best Cowboy Boots
Before you find your perfect western foot companion, there are a couple things to keep in mind. We have compiled a checklist of 5 considerations to think about. Consider the following:
- Leather Quality – First and foremost is the quality of leather. If it’s synthetic, then check for the quality of faux leather. They will both be going for the same rubric. Good leather is smooth. It smells like leather. Bad leather will smell like plastic or chemicals. Good leather will be even. If there are blotches, that’s a sign that scraps were fastened together in a machine.
- Sole and Shoe Base – The best cowboy boots will have a smooth leather sole. They will be a little harder to break in than cheaper soles, but they are worth it in the long run. A cheaper shoe will have a rubber sole or some man made material. The base of the shoe should be well connected to the leather of the shoe, so make sure it won’t rip off easy. This is a very common problem in cheap cowboy boots.
- Width – You need proper width when it comes to western boots. If your foot is wider than the shoe it will stretch out the leather. Not only will it look bad while you wear them, it will fight against the stitching and morf the shoe into an uglier form. It will make the shoe look flat and loopy, and you will begin to lose support as well.
- Comfort – This is often overlooked when purchasing a pair of boots. Us impulse buyers are quick to make a snap purchase if the boots look cool enough. It’s not all about the design. Make sure these shoes are comfortable. You need to be able to walk in them for hours at a time if you plan on getting any practical use out of your boots. The best western boots introduce some sort of extra technology to make the shoe as comfortable as possible.
- Type – There are many different versions of the western boot. Perhaps you’re looking for the best cowboy work boots or maybe you want the most comfortable cowboy boots for walking. Either way there is a shoe that best suited for your needs. Keep in mind that a Roper is a smaller boot with a smaller heel, a classic western is the typical boot you are likely familiar with, riding boots are extra high and pointy, and work boots are almost no longer cowboy boots and designed for work.
Best Men’s Cowboy Boots For Riding, Best Men’s Cowboy Boots For The Money, Best Men’s Cowboy Boots For Walking, Best Men’s Cowboy Boots Reviews