Top 10 Best Home Air Purifiers 2021 Reviews • VBestReviews
A home air purifier is a device designed to eliminate indoor air pollutants and contaminants to make your air fresh. Some the contaminants removed by these critical devices include mold spores, pet dander, dust, disease-causing pathogens, and second-hand smoke. If not managed, the indoor air pollutants cause allergic reactions and many other respiratory diseases. Also, some air pollutants make your room stuffy.
If you want a good home air purifier, you should consider buying one that can eliminate most indoor air contaminants, has HEPA filters, operates silently, consumes less energy, and only needs minimal maintenance. Below, we have scrutinized some of the best air purifiers that you need to try.
10. GermGuardian AC4100 3-in-1 air cleaning system
Table of Contents
- 10. GermGuardian AC4100 3-in-1 air cleaning system
- 9. Germguardian AC5250PT 3 In 1 Air Cleaning System
- 8. Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner
- 7. Hamilton Beach TrueAir 04532GM
- 6. Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover
- 5. HoneyWell HFD-120-Q QuietClean Tower Air Purifier
- 4. OION B-1000 Permanent Filter Ionic Air Purifier with UV-C Sanitizer
- 3. Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator Air Purifier
- 2. Germguardian GG1000 Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer and Odor Reducer
- 1. GermGuardian AC4825 3 in 1 air cleaning system with true HEPA Filter
GermGuardian air cleaning system features a HEPA filter that can eliminate 99% of indoor air pollutants. Some of the contaminants removed by this home air purifier include dust, pet dander, and pollen. Besides the HEPA filter, this air cleaning system also has a charcoal filter that reduces bad odor caused by tobacco smoke and other types of second-hand smoke. Its UVC light technology combats disease-causing organisms like bacteria and viruses from your indoor space.
- You can adjust it to three speeds depending on your indoor air quality.
- It works well in both small and large rooms.
- Its only filter will deliver high-quality results for up to six months before the need to replace it arises.
9. Germguardian AC5250PT 3 In 1 Air Cleaning System
This black colored air cleaning system from GermGuardian uses HEPA filter that eliminates 99.97% of air contaminants. Furthermore, this air cleaning system features a Pet Pure Treatment that kills mold spores and combats bacteria growing on the surface of the filter. This air purifier also features a charcoal filter that eliminates bad odors from your interior space.
- The filter features a UVC light technology that kills pathogens.
- It features five fan speeds.
- Suitable for medium to large rooms.
8. Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner
Winix WAC9500 air cleaner uses the true HEPA filtration system that eliminates 99.99% of indoor air contaminants. Unlike the air filters above, this air filter features a washable carbon filter and pre-filter. Its plasma wave technology kills all disease-causing organisms. Its auto mode regulates the fan speed according to your indoor air quality.
- It has a LED alert that lets you know when to change filters
- The filter operates silently
- All in one filter needs to be replaced annually
7. Hamilton Beach TrueAir 04532GM
Hamilton Beach TrueAir 04532GM features three carbon filters that capture contaminants like dust and odors. Its two-speed switch lets you adjust the fan speed according to the quality of your indoor air. Hamilton Beach air purifier’s quiet fan makes it a good fit for bedrooms, study rooms, and other rooms that need to be free of noise.
- It comes with a scent cartridge that adds a beautiful smelling fragrance into your room.
- The air filter uses less energy than a 15watt bulb.
- It lacks a system to kill bacteria, viruses, and other disease causing organisms.
6. Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover
This allergen remover from Honeywell features HEPA filters that eliminate 99.97% of the air contaminants in your room. HoneyWell features a mechanical operation whereby the unit pulls contaminated air and releases fresh air back into the room. Its activated carbon pre-filter combats odor and its timer lets you set the duration you want to use the allergen remover.
- You can adjust the air cleaner into three fan settings.
- It is approved by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers.
- The allergen remover operates quietly on the low-speed setting.
- It lacks the ability to kill microbes
5. HoneyWell HFD-120-Q QuietClean Tower Air Purifier
The QuietClean Tower Air Purifier uses HEPA filters that eliminate 99% of airborne contaminants. Its LED touch button lets you adjust the air purifier into three-speed settings. HoneyWell Tower Air Purifier has washable permanent filters. It is ARB certified to comply with the Federal Ozone limits.
- It requires little maintenance
- The filter is energy star rated.
- It works quietly.
- The air filter lacks a UV germicidal system to kills pathogens.
4. OION B-1000 Permanent Filter Ionic Air Purifier with UV-C Sanitizer
This energy efficient air purifier from OION features an electrostatic Ionizer Purification system that eliminates indoor air contaminants as small as 0.01micrions. Furthermore, this home air purifier features a carbon filtration system that eliminates odors and a UVGI technology that eliminates most airborne disease causing germs.
- It operates silently
- The air purifier’s filters do not need to be changed.
- It is UL and ARB certified.
- Its blue LED light may be a bother when the air purifier is used at night.
3. Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator Air Purifier
Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator Air Purifier is a large unit that serves as an air purifier, a deodorizer, and a sterilizer with a permanent filter that does not need to be changed. Despite its massive size, its light weight design helps you to use the ozone generator in any room. It utilizes low energy, and its steel casing lasts long.
- Its timer function helps you control the purification times.
- You can use it for commercial or home purposes.
- Its CE certified.
- It lacks wheels to make it mobile.
2. Germguardian GG1000 Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer and Odor Reducer
This Germguardian GG1000 pluggable air sanitizer and odor reducer utilizes UV-light technology that eliminates all disease-causing microbes and unpleasant odors. Unlike the home air purifiers that need installation, the Germguardian GG1000 doesn’t require any setup or assembly. Its compact size makes it a good air filter for small rooms.
- It is easy to use
- The air sanitizer and odor remover come with a one year warranty.
- It requires minimal maintenance when compared to those air purifiers that have replaceable filters.
- This home air purifier does not eliminate dust, pollen, or pet dander.
1. GermGuardian AC4825 3 in 1 air cleaning system with true HEPA Filter
This 3 in 1 air cleaning system from GermGuardian use HEPA filters that eliminate 99.97% of air contaminants. Besides the HEPA filters, the home air purifier also has a charcoal filter that helps you remove all odors that can make your room stuffy. Its UV-C light technology kills all disease-causing micro-organisms in the air.
- It is safety certified by Intertek
- The air purifier’s three-speed settings help you adjust the fan speed according to your indoor air quality.
- It is energy star certified.
- The unit may produce some sound after you have set it up. However, the sound declines after regular use.
Indoor air contains various air contaminants like bad odors, disease-causing organisms, dust, pollen grains, dust, and other airborne contaminants. If not managed, the contaminants may trigger allergic reactions and other respiratory health disorders. Home air purifiers clear the pollutants and leave your air clean and fresh. Our selections comprise of home air purifiers that work efficiently, are adjustable, and are safe to use. The review above will help you to purchase one that fits into your budget.